You have been looking to purchase new flooring for your home and have final decided on carpet. Carpet can be a great choice for homeowners. Carpet provides you with various styles and designs; the options can be endless.
Tips for buying carpet:
- Consider the room that you are buying carpet for and look at the amount of traffic that the room gets. High-traffic areas may require a darker, multicolored or patterned carpet to reduce the appearance of soil.
- The carpet cushion can be just as important as the carpet when making your purchasing decisions. The better the padding, the longer the carpet will last.
- The color of carpet you choose can change the look of your space. When choosing your carpet, consider the color scheme and furniture you have currently in your home.
Benefits of carpet:
- In recent studies, carpet has shown to reduce symptoms of asthma and allergies. Carpet can serve as an “air filter,” helping to improve breathing.
- Carpet is exceptional for adding warmth to a room as well as your toes.
- Carpet is great for families with young kids. It can help put parents at ease with active kids. Carpet is soft enough to help cushion a fall or drop.
- Also, carpet can improve noisy rooms caused by electronics or heavy foot traffic.
- Do not be afraid to buy carpet because of its cleaning process.
- Make sure to react quickly to messes and try not to let an area stay soiled for very long. It is essential to respond the accident as fast as possible in order to effectively remove the stain. For detailed carpet cleaning instructions visit: carpet-rug.org
- According to The Carpet and Rug Institute, carpet should be deep cleaned by a commercial company every 12-18 months.
- Keep up with high-traffic areas by vacuuming everyday. When dirt gets deep into the carpet it begins to break down the carpet’s fibers.
Choosing your carpet may get overwhelming at times, because there are so many great choices out there. At Carpets N More, we are happy to help you through the entire process!